5CAT or Common Admission test is the most competitive exam which is conducted by Indian Institute of Management. Every year the CAT exam is being conducted by different IIMs institute. There are many lac of applicants every year who apply for this exam. But, this year CAT exam pattern 2016 has changed. The full course plan of CAT 2016 is mentioned below
CAT 2016 Exam Pattern: Compared to last years’ pattern of CAT exam, the number of questions in exam will increase.
- Total Sections: 3 (Quantitative Aptitude (QUA), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) & Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC))
- Total Time: 180 minutes
- Total Questions: 100 (34 from QUA & VRC sections and 32 from DILR)
- Type of Exam: Objective + Subjective
- Total No. of Questions: The no. will increase from last year
CAT 2016 New Changes:
- The questions will increase in 2016 year.
- The exam will be conducted in 2 day slot
- The exam will be conducted on 4th December, 2016
CAT 2016 Exam Syllabus: The details of all topics for the exam are-
Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability: Number system, LCM & HCF, Whole Numbers, Averages, Decimals, Trigonometry, Probability, Permutation & Combination, Problems on trains, boats & streams, mixtures, ratios & proportions, areas & volumes, simple & compound interest, Profit & loss, Discount, Quadratic & linear Equations, Statistics
Data Interpretation: Graphs & charts will be asked in exam.
English/Verbal Ability: The questions are designed to test the capability in English- Vocabulary, Antonyms, Synonyms, Corrections, Fill in the blanks, Grammar section (noun, verb, adjective, adverbs, idioms, proverbs, speech, narration), comprehension passages, analogies, summary writing,
Logical Reasoning: The questions will be asked from arithmetic series, numeric series, calendars & clocks, venn diagrams, seating arrangements, matching sequences, syllogism, blood relations, missing patterns, odd man series, coding & decoding etc.
There are several books available in market for CAT paper, practice various questions from each part and then you will be able to score well in exam i.e. above cut off level. CAT books should be selected best for nice preparations.
CAT Syllabus 2016 DOWNLOAD