CBSE 12th Chemistry exam is meant for all the non- medical and medical streams students. CBSE board examinations are of utter importance and the students need to prepare well for the exam. Below are some questions which were the part of the Chemistry paper in last years. CBSE 12th Chemistry previous papers will help you to know what is the paper pattern of the exam and how the exam preparations are to be done for successful score. CBSE Board 12th class Chemistry papers download and practice to achieve the best of knowledge for the exam.
Q1: i) Name the element of 3d transition series which shows maximum number of oxidation states. Why does it show so?
- ii) Which transition metal of 3d series has positive E0(m2/ M) value and why?
iii) Out of Cr3+ and Mn3+, which is stronger oxidizing agent and why?
- iv) Name a member of the lanthanoid series which is well known to exhibit +2 oxidation state.
- v) Complete the following equation-
MnO4– + 8H+ + 5e– =
Q2: Account for the following-
- CH3CHO is more reactive than CH3COCH3 towards reaction with HCN
- Carboxylic acid is stronger acid than phenol
- Which the chemical equations to illustrate the following name reaction- Wolff Kishner Reduction, Aldol Condensation, Cannizarro reaction
Q3: How will you convert the following-
- Nitrobenzene into aniline
- Ethanoic acid into methanamine
- Aniline into N- phenylethanamide
Also write chemical equations involved
Q4: What is meant by i) peptide linkage ii) Biocataysts
Q5: Write chemical equations for following conversions:
- Nitrobenzene to benzoic acid
- Benzyl chloride to 2- phenylethanamine
- Aniline to benzyl alcohol
Q6: 1. Illustrate the following reactions giving a suitable examples of each-
- Cross aldol condensation
- Give simple tests to distinguish between the following pairs of compounds-
- i) Pentan-2-one and Pentan-3-one
- ii) Benzaldehyde and Acetophenone
iii) Phenol and Benzoic acid
Q7: 1. Explain why an alkylamine is more basic than ammonia
- How would you convert- Aniline to nitrobenzene & Aniline to iodobenzene
CBSE 12th Chemistry Previous Year Question Papers DOWNLOAD