GATE Mechanical Engineering (ME) syllabus is from the mechanical engineering, mathematics and aptitude section. The candidates need to study the sections of the GATE paper to crack it with good score.
The Engineering Mathematics section will contain the questions from the course-
- Linear Algebra- Matrix Algebra, systems of linear equations, Eigen values & vectors
- Calculus- Single Variable, Limit, Continuity, mean value theorems, derivatives, vector identities, line, surface, volume integrals, Gauss Theorem, Maxima and Minima
- Differential Equations- First order equations, Differential equations, Laplace transformations, dimensional heat and wave equations.
- Complex Variable- Cauchy’s integral theorem, Laurent series
- Probability & Statistics- Definitions, Random variables, standard deviation, binomial distribution
- Numerical Methods- Algebraic equations, multi- step methods
GATE Mechanical Engineering (ME) Previous Year Question paper Download PDF
Another section is the Applied Mechanics and Design which includes the course from topics. Read all the sections which are being covered in these.
- Engineering Design
- Strength of Materials
- Theory of Machines
Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences-
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat transfer
Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering-
- Engineering Materials
- Metal Casting
- Machining and Machine Tool Operations
- Metrology and Inspection
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Production Planning and Control
- Inventory Control
- Operations Research
Study the APTITUDE part because in the GATE exam, the questions from this section come so as to test the analytical skills of the candidate. The applicants of GATE needs to be focused on veering the study on all the sections of the exam paper. Download the complete syllabus of exam paper and prepare accordingly.
GATE Mechanical Engineering (ME) Syllabus PDF