ICSE 10th Board Sample Papers Chemistry will help you in preparing for the exam and will provide you the valuable information for the exam. Knowing better how the earlier exams have been conducted it becomes easier to have a mindset for exams coming session. ICSE class x chemistry board sample papers solved are provided for the students so as to practice more for the exam paper. The chemistry paper has all the questions from the syllabus as is defined by board.
Q1: Write balanced equations for the following reactions-
- Chlorine is passed into an aqueous solution of sulphur dioxide.
- Aluminium powder is warmed with hot and concentrated caustic soda solution
- Concentrated nitric acid is added to copper turnings kept in a beaker.
- Red lead (trilead tetroxide) is warmed with concentrated hydrochloric acid.
- Chlorine gas is passed through an aqueous solution of iron (II) sulphate acidified with dilute sulphuric acid
- Ethane is burnt in air
- Name the ore of zinc containing its sulphide.
- In the process of extracting zinc, the above named ore is roasted. Write the equation for the reaction which takes place when the sulphide ore is roasted.
- Name the substance used to reduce the roasted ore. Write the equation for the reaction.
- ‘Iron is removed from a blast furnace as a liquid’. State how zinc leaves a furnace
(b) Write the equations for the reaction of zinc with each of the following:
- Sodium hydroxide solution.
- Dilute sulphuric acid.
- Copper sulphate solution
- To protect iron from rusting, it is coated with a thin layer of zinc. Name the process.
- Name a non-metal that has a metallic lustre and sublimes on heating
- What is the purpose of the Haber Process?
- Name the gaseous inputs of the Haber Process and state the ratio by volume in which the gases are mixed.
- What is done to increase the rate of the reaction in the Haber process?
- Give two different ways by which the product can be separated from the reactants.
(b) A compound contains 87.5% by mass of nitrogen and 12.5% by mass of hydrogen. Determine the empirical formula of this compound.
Q4: (a) Name (formula is not acceptable) the gas produced in each of the following reactions-
- Action of concentrated nitric acid on copper
- Exposure of chlorine water to sunlight
- Burning of sulphur
- Heating of ammonium nitrate (name only the nitrogen containing compound)
- Warming ammonium sulphate with sodium hydroxide solution
(b) State what do you observe when-
- Neutral litmus solution is added to an alkaline solution.
- Ammonium hydroxide is added to iron (III) sulphate solution.
- Lead nitrate solution and sodium chloride solution are mixed.
- Ethene is bubbled through a solution of bromine in tetrachloromethane (carbon tetrachlor)
Get ICSE 10th Chemistry Sample papers Sample Paper 1