Indian Army Havildar (Surveyor Automated Cartographer) recruitment exam is being conducted so as to select the best candidates for the post.
Indian Army Havildar 2017 Exam Pattern
||100 (50 each)
||0.25 marks for each wrong answer
||Paper 1 (General Awareness & English), Paper II (Science/ Arts)
Paper II is compulsory for Science/ arts students respectively.
Indian Army Havildar 2017 Exam Syllabus
General Awareness: The questions will be asked from current events of national & international world, important dates, social, economic, political issues of society, science, culture, surroundings, news, railways, sports etc.
English: The questions will be asked in order to check the understanding of basic concepts of language. From grammar- verb, noun, adverb, phrasal verb, adjective, narration, voice, speech, idioms etc. will be asked. Followed from vocabulary will be word meanings, synonyms and antonyms.
Paper II (Science)-
- Units and Dimensions
- Work and Energy
- Hooke’s Law
- Coulomb’s Law
- Electromagnetic induction
- Faraday’s law
- Shear Modulus
- Elementary idea of dynamo and transformer
- General and Physical Chemistry (Structure of atom, constitution, bohr’s model, quantum numbers, electronic configuration of elements, de Broglie relation, shapes of orbitals, resonance, bond polarity, hybridization, hydrogen bond)
- Inorganic Chemistry (principles of metallurgical operations, chemical periodicity of s,p,d,f block elements, electron affinity electronegativity, ionization energy, study of elements- alkali metals, alkaline metals, nitrogen family, oxygen family, halogens, noble gases)
- Organic Chemistry (calculation of empirical and molecular formula, nomenclature of organic compounds, structure and shapes of alkanes, preparation properties and uses of alkynes, alkyl, benzene, petroleum, octane number, gasoline additives, nomenclature, physical chemical properties)
- Computer Science: The basic topics of DBMS, networks, data structures, workplace productivity tools, boolean algebra, office automation etc. will be asked
- Biology: The basics from zoology & botany will be asked in exam- origin of life, evolution, human genetics, applied biology, mammalian autonomy, ecology, ecosystem, plant & animal tissues, transpiration, respiration, growth & movement, photosynthesis, angiospermic plants, nitrogen cycle, genetics
- Maths: The aptitude questions will be asked- LCM & HCF, Number system, probability, permutation & combination, time & work, time & distance, bars & charts, problem on ages, simple & compound interest, geometry, percentages etc.
Paper II (Arts)-
- History: The questions will be asked from historical places, world wars, freedom struggle etc.
- Geography: The questions will be asked from topography, climate, nature, axis, longitude, latitude etc.
- Civics: Political system, administration, constitution, leader works, state & central government, fundamental rights & duties
- Economics: Scope, nature, micro economics, role of agriculture, industry & services, national income, central problems of economy
The exam will contain the questions from the basics of computer science field. This will include the B.Tech/M.Sc./MCA level questions. So, study the basics on networking, data structures, algorithms, database. Also, have the knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and learn the basic internet usage and settings.
The competition for the exam is really high and so the applicants need to be very focused for the preparations of the exam. Prepare well for the exam…