Indian ordnance factory recruitment for 55th Batch (for non ITI & ITI candidates) of trade apprentices under the “Apprentices Act 1961”in ordnance & ordnance equipment factories located in different states in India is done through written exam for which the selection process is described below. Under this there are 7038 ITI apprentice posts which have 3736 for ITI and 3302 for Non ITI posts.
Indian Ordnance Factory Apprentices Exam Pattern
- Exam type- Objective type questions on OMR Sheet
For ITI Candidates-
- PART A- includes subjects English, Mathematics & Aptitude/ Reasoning, General Knowledge(40% of Total Questions (60 Questions )
- PART B- include subjects Trade Subjects (60% of Total Questions (90 Questions)
- Time limit for both exam 3 hours each
- There will be No negative marking
For Non- ITI Candidates-
- Exam Language- English, General Knowledge, Mathematics & Aptitude/ Reasoning
- Exam Time Duration- 3 hours
- Exam Standard- Class Xth Standard
- Total No. of Questions- 150 questions
Indian Ordnance Factory Apprentices Exam Syllabus
Aptitude/Reasoning- Main focus of this is to test candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions. Non- verbal type questions- visual memory, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, discriminating observation, figure classification, relationship concepts, , arithmetical number series, similarities and differences, non-verbal series etc.
English Language- Under this candidate’s basic understanding of English language, vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, grammar, sentence structure, correct usage of words etc will be included.
Numerical Aptitude- This will include topic like- Time and Work, problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Time and Distance , Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Mensuration, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Fundamental arithmetical operations,, Ratio and Time etc.
General Awareness- Here candidates ability related to general awareness around him will be tested along with this knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects. Questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries which will included questions on Sports, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, History, Culture, Geography and Scientific Research etc.