RRB Recruitment of Junior Engineer Notice is published on the official website for all eligible candidates. The Junior Engineer candidates can apply for this post in the specific fields.
Exam Pattern: The exam paper will be a objective type paper in which total 150 questions will be present, 2 Hours of time will be allotted.
Marks Distribution- Technical Ability & General Science (90 Questions)
General Awareness/ Arithmetic/ General Intelligence (60 questions)
NOTE: There will be negative marking in the paper. 1/3rd marks is deduced for every wrong answer
Junior Engineer Posts of Different Fields-
Junior Engineer (P- Way, Bridge, Works, Drawing (Civil), Estimator, Design Civil, Research Engineering, Mechanical Workshop, Engineer Development, Mechanical, Carriage & Wagon, Mechanical, Mechanical (MWT), Mechanical Research, Diesel Mechanical, Diesel Electrical, Loco, Drawing/Design in Mechanical, J & T, Design Carriage & Wagon, Electrical General, Electrical (TRD), Electrical (TRS), Electrical, RS, Design (Electrical), Signal, Telecommunication, Drawing/ S & T, Estimator (S&T), Drawing, Research Instrumentation, IT, Track machine, Engg Workshop, Plant, Printing press, Engineer (Melt)) & Depot Material Superindent)
Exam Syllabus common for all posts-
General intelligence & reasoning- Questions based on similarities & differences, problem solving, judgment, decision making, discrimination, Observation, number series, non- verbal series, coding & deciding, statement conclusion
Arithmetic- Basic algebra, polynomials, Simple Compound interest, ratios, data interpretation, time & distance, time& work, simplification
General Awareness- Indian History, Political System, Current Events, Geography, National & international affairs
General Science- Based on basic science concepts- Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Technical Abilities-Based on the field which is being selected by the candidate. The questions will depend on the syllabus of field chosen-
- Mechanical: Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Engineering Mechanics, Design for static and dynamic loading, Steam Tables, Rankine, Brayton cycles, I.C. Engines, Metal Casting, Machine Tool Operations, Strength of Materials, Thermodynamics, Power Engineering, Theory of Machines, Metrology and Inspection.
- Civil: Structures & Material based questions will be asked in exam including more like- Mechanics, Concrete & Steel Structures, Hydrology, Bridge Construction, Soil & Fluid Mechanics, Water usability, Highway Planning, Traffic Engineering, Importance of surveying, mapping concepts, coordinate system, map projections, theodolite traversing, plane table surveying, errors & adjustments, curves, Environmental Engineering, engineering drawing, leveling
- Computers: MS Office, Computer fundamentals, C, C++, JAVA, Information System, System Programming, Operating Systems, Network communication, Software Engineering, Databases, Algorithms
- Electrical: Circuits & Measurements systems, electric circuits and fields, Signals and systems, Electrical machines, power systems, Control Systems, Electrical and electronic measurements, analog & digital electronics and all other basics of electrical field.
- Electronics: Silicon and all other electronic devices, Diffusion current, diodes and their combinations, drift mobility, digital and analog circuits, Control system, wireless communication, communication basics, basic electronics, antennas, arrays and all basics of electronics field
- Instrumentation & measurement: Basics of circuits, transducers, mechanical measurements, process control, Control systems, Analog & Digital Electronics
- IT/ Computer Science: MS office, Computer fundamentals and organization, Languages (C, C++, JAVA, SQL), DBMS, Network communication. Environment & pollution Control, DBMS, Information System, Web Technology, Algorithms
- Printing press: Mathematics & Science, Physics, Chemistry, Printing techniques, Digital technology & Imaging, Flexo & Gravure, Paper & Ink Technology, use of colors, pollution control, newspaper printing, basic computer concepts
There are several topics of each field which form the base- these should be studied for the exam.
Environment & Pollution Control measures, types can be asked in technical section for the relevant branches.
The questions will be the basics of the field as is choosen for the Junior Engineer Post.
RRB SENIOR SECTION ENGINEER SYLLABUS PDF
Download RRB Engineer Sample Papers of Branch