SSC or Staff Selection Commission recruitment for Constable (GD) in CISF, ITBP, SSB, BSF, CRPF, NIA, SSF is being notified and the candidates need to take the exam seriously. SSC Constable GD Exam Pattern & Syllabus is being mentioned below. The full scheme for the exam is mentioned as per which the candidates will be evaluated. There are following 4 phases for the selection-
SSC Constable GD 2017 Selection Procedure
- Physical Standard test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency test (PET)
- Written Exam
- Medical Exam
The details of each section is-
- Physical Standard Test
Height: 170cms for Males and 157cms for Females
Chest: Unexpanded is 80cm and expanded is 5 cms (Only applicable for males)
Weight: Should be proportionate
- Physical Efficiency Test
This test is differently conducted for the Ladakh region applicants and others. For other than Ladakh region –
- 5 Kms race in 24 minutes for Males & 1.6 Kms in 8.5 minutes for Females
For Ladakh Region-
- 1 Mile race in 6.5 minutes for Males & 800 metres in 4 minutes for Females
SSC Constable GD Syllabus 2017
It will include questions from sections described below. From each section, there will be 25 questions in the exam. Each question is of 1 mark in the exam.
General intelligence & reasoning- The questions will be asked from topics spatial orientation, visual memory, similarities & differences, figural classification, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, analogies, relationship concepts
General Awareness-The questions are asked from current affairs of national & international importance, important dates & events, sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic, Political, scientific Research
Elementary mathematics-The questions will be asked from the topics- Interest, Profit and Loss, Number Systems, Whole Numbers, Decimals, Fractions, Percentages, Averages, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Ratio and Proportion, Discount, Mensuration
English/ Hindi- The basic questions will be asked from the languages on how to use it in different context, the understanding power, comprehension passages etc.
Medical Exam (Applicable for ones who qualify written exam)-The following are the conditions-
- Visual Acuity Unaided (Near Vision): Better Eye- N6, Worst Eye- N9
- Uncorrected Visual Acuity (Distant Vision): Better Eye- 6/6, Worst Eye- 6/9
- Refraction: Visual Correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses
- Color Vision: CP- III by Isihara
NOTES: 1. Binocular vision is mandatory and the corresponding eye to strong hand should be better than other eye.
- The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein and squint in eyes.
- If no domicile certificate, then it will be able to appear in exam