UGC NET or CBSE NET exam is the very important paper which is conducted twice every year. There are several codes for which the UGC NET exam is held. For UGC NET Code No. 02 (Political Science) the syllabus is mentioned below for Paper II & III. Prepare well for the exam by following Syllabus and Exam Pattern of UGC NET Political Science given below-
UGC NET Paper II
- Political Theory and Thought
- Ancient Indian Political Thought
- Greek Political Thought
- European Thought – I
- European Thought – II
- Contemporary Political Thought –I
- Contemporary Political Thought – II
- Modern Indian Thought
- Concepts and Issue –I
- Concepts and Issue – II
- Comparative Politics and Political Analysis
- Forms of Government
- Organs of Government
- Party Systems and Pressure Groups
- Indian Government and Politics
- Structure and Process – I
- Structure and Process – II
- Panchayati Raj Institutions
- UGC NET Public Administration
Theories of Organization
- Principles of Organization
- Chief Executive
- Personnel Administration Bureaucracy
- Financial Administration
- International Relations
- Arms and Wars
- United Nations
UGC NET Paper III (Part A & B) (Elective / Optional)
We are providing the few topics below of paper III and rest full syllabus you can download through the link provided at the end of this post.
Unit – I
- Nature of Political Theory
- Individual and Social Justice
Unit – II
- Plato and Aristotle.
- Gandhi, M. N. Roy, Aurobindo Ghosh.
Unit – III
- Comparative Politics and Political Analysis.
- Electoral Process Separation of Powers
Unit – IV
- Political Development.
- Political Socialisation and Political Culture.
Unit – V
- Fundamental Rights and Duties, and Directive Principles.
- Union Executive, Parliament.
- Indian Federalism
Unit – VI
- Dynamics of State Politics.
- Political Parties, Pressure Groups, and Public Opinion.
- Class, Caste, Gender, Dalit and Regional Issues, Problems of Nation
Unit – VII
- Principles of Organisation.
- Chief Executive.
Unit – VIII
- Bureaucracy and Challenges of Development.
- Panchayati Raj.
Unit – IX
- Theories of International Relations.
- Changing concept of National Security and Challenges to the Nation
Unit – X
- Determinants and Compulsions of India’s Foreign Policy; India’s Nuclear Policy.
- India’s Relations with Neighbours and USA.
- India and Regional Organizations (SAARC, ASEAN), Indian Ocean.
UGC NET Political Science Syllabus DOWNLOAD