Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) recruitment for 3838 Staff Nurse Posts is being done through a written exam details of which are written below. The candidates will be selected based on their performance into the written exam. There are 448 Male vacancies & 3390 Female vacancies which will be filled through the selection process.
UPPSC Staff Nurse Exam Pattern 2017
|Total Time||2 Hours|
|Subjects Included (No. of Questions)||General Knowledge (30), Hindi (20), Nursing (120)|
UPPSC Staff Nurse Exam Syllabus 2017
General Knowledge: The questions will be asked from below topics with respect to both India & relevance of Uttar Pradesh-
History, Freedom movement, nationalism, Geography of India & World, Political system of India, economic, culture issues of society, right issues, rights & duties, community development, Economic and Social Development, Poverty, Population, Environment, Urbanization, current events of India & World, important dates & events, agriculture, issues of science, scientific inventions etc.
Hindi: From grammar section the questions will be asked from – विलोम शब्द, पर्यायवाची शब्द, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ, तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार), संधि, समास, क्रियाएँ, अनेकार्थी शब्द etc. and from vocabulary section the questions will be asked from हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह, शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ, शब्द-रूप etc.
Mathematics: Some questions can be asked from Class 10th level-
Number systems, L.C.M. and H.C.F., Averages, Ratio and proportion, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound interest, Work and Time, Speed, Time and Distance, Algebra, Set Theory, Geometry, Volume and surface area etc.
Nursing Topics- The questions asked from nursing will be-
- Anatomy & Physiology: Cardio-Vascular System, Respiratory System, Skeletal System, Muscular System, Digestive System, Reproductive System, Sense Organs, Excretory System, Nervous System, Endocrine System
- Fundamentals of Nursing: Nursing as a profession, Admission and Discharging of a Patient, Nursing Process and Nursing Care Plan, Safety needs, Elimination needs, Care and special condition, Hygienic needs and Physical needs, Observation of Patient, Care of Equipments, Barrier Nursing, administration of drugs, Recording and Reporting, The Dying Patient, Maintenance of therapeutic Environment, Activity and Exercises, Meeting nutritional needs.
- First Aid: Meaning, Rules while Fire, Earthquakes, Accident, Famines, Fracture, Poisoning, Drowning, Insects bites
- Psychiatric Nursing: Community Responsibility, Diagnosis, Management and Role of the Nurse
- Community Health Nursing: Definition of Community Health, Institutional & community health nursing, function of community health nursing, Community Health Nursing, Demography & Family Welfare
- Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing: Normal Pregnancy, Prenatal care, Care & diet in pregnancy, ante-natal exercises, Minor disorders of pregnancy, alleviation of discomfort
- Sociology: Importance of Sociology, Socio-cultural, Economic aspects of the community & their effects in health and illness
- The Family: Family as a social institution and basic unit for health service, Basic needs of family, Advantages of Planned parenthood
- Medical Surgical: Care of Surgical patient, Anesthesia, Diseases of Cardiovascular System, Gastro Intestinal System, Endocrine System, Metabolic disorders, Hyper and Hypo Secretions, Cysts/Tumors, Intensive care Nursing, Common deficiency diseases, Prevalence in India, Early symptoms, prevention and treatment, Virus, Bacteria, Zoonoses and Mosquito, Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity Gout. The diseases of skin, Ear, Nose and Throat, Diseases and Disorder of Eye, Genito Urinary System, Nervous System, Disorder and Diseases of the Respiratory System, Musculo-Skeletal System, Blood Disorder, Blood Transfusion
- Diseases associated with pregnancy Normal Delivery Preparation: Nursing Management of Baby and birth, Labour Complications, Fertility & Infertility Diseases and disorders of female reproductive system including breasts, Complications of puerperium and its management, Obstetrics operations, Drugs used in Obstetrics, Ethical and legal aspects related to midwifery and Gynecological Nursing, Normal labor, Nursing Management of mother during puerperium, Complication of pregnancy and its management, High risk pregnancy and its management
- Pediatric Nursing: Child health care, role of Pediatric nurse in child care, Disorder of Infant, Recognition and Management of congenital anomalies, Breast Feeding, Introduction of Solids, Pre & post-operative care, Preparation of parents for surgery of the infant child
- Health Team: Community Health Centre (CHC), Primary Health Centre (PHC), Role of Nursing Personnel at Various levels, Health education & Communication skills
- Microbiology: Classification of Micro-organisms & factors influencing growth, Sources of Infection, Transmission of infection, Collection of specimen, Immunity, Control & destruction of micro-organisms
- Diseases of Children: Complication, diet, drug therapy, prevention & treatment with diseases– Gastro-intestinal system, Respiratory System, Genitourinary System, Cardio Vascular system, Nervous System, Eye and ear, Nutritional Disorder, Communicable diseases, Hematological disorder, Endocrine disorder Child health Emergencies, Psychological disorder problems, Etiology, medical & surgical management, nursing care
- Professional Trends and Adjustment: Professional nurse, Personal Professional Growth and Continuing Education Career in Nursing, International Council of Nurse (ICN), State Nursing Council, Red Cross Legislation in Nursing, World Health Organization, UNICEF, Indian Nursing Council (INC), Trained Nurse Association of India (TNAI)
- The Society: Rural and Urban Society, drug addiction, domestic violence, women abuse, Social agencies, alcoholism, delinquency, handicapped, child abuse, Social Problems, unmarried mothers, dowry System
- Social Security: Population explosion, Budgeting for a family, per capita income and its impact on health and illness
- Personal Hygiene: Maintenance of Health, Physical health and Mental Health.
- Environmental Hygiene: Water, Air, waste- Their measures, pollution control, effects on surroundings etc.
- Computer in Nursing: Use of computer in Nursing, Internet & Email in Nursing, Disk operating systems