UPSC Engineering Services Examination (ESE) Electronics & Telecommunication Stream General Ability Test is being conducted through 2 papers. The Paper 1 sample questions are given below-
A Piece of writing paper that is 10 cm wide, 15cm long and 0.05 mm thick has a dielectric strength of 8 KV/ M. If it is placed between two copper plates and subjected to an increasing voltage, it will break down at
If the drift velocity of holes under a field gradient of 200 V/m is a field 100 m/s, their mobility in SI units is?
Hall Effect is useful for the measurement of a semiconductor’s
- Mobility, carrier concentration and temperature
- Type (n-type or p-type), conductivity and temperature
- Type (n-type or p-type), mobility and carrier concentration
- Mobility, conductivity and temperature
Prepare The questions of these kind and you will be able to get good marks in exam.
The relative values of the forward conduction voltage for a p-n conduction voltage diode, a red LED and a Schottky barrier diode are
- Schottky voltage drop > p-n junction diode drop > red LED drop
- Red LED drop > p-n junction diode drop > Schottky voltage drop
- p-n junction diode drop > Schottky voltage drop > Red LED drop
- Schottky voltage drop > Red LED drop > p-n junction diode drop
A freewheeling diode in a phase controlled rectifier
- Improves the line power factor
- Is responsible for additional reactive power
- Prevents inverse operation
- Is responsible for additional harmonics
Practice the questions of above kind to score really good marks in the exam paper. The E&T Exam paper is all based on the questions from electronics field. Below are the given previous year papers of UPSC E&T which can be brought into best practice. The Electronics & Tele Communication Syllabus for UPSC Exam is based on the course studied in Engineering field.
DOWNLOAD UPSC ESE E&T PAPER 1 PDF
UPSC ESE E&T Paper 2 Previous Papers DOWNLOAD