UPSC Indian Statistical Service Statistics Paper 1 previous year question papers are required by all the applicantso as to prepare for exam in best way. UPSC ISS Paper 1 Question Papers will help to know what type of questions will be seen in exam. Below are the questions which are seen in exam paper and the candidates need to prepare the questions of these type-
Q1: Answer all of the following parts-
- For following frequency distribution on 229 values-
The Median if found to be 46. Find the values of X & Y.
- Out of 200 persons appeared for an exam, 80% were males and rest were females. Among 30 married males, 14 were successful, 110 unmarried males were successful. In respect of 10 married females, 4 were successful, 20 unmarried females were successful. Computer Yule’s coefficient of association between success in examination and marital status for males and females.
- Describe run test for randomness. For sequence of outcomes of 14 tosses of coin,
H T T H H H T H T T H H T H
Test whether the outcomes are in random order. (Given the lower and upper critical values RL– 3, RU= 12 at 0.05 significance level)
- Find the missing value in table by assuming polynomial form for Y-
Q2: Answer the following-
- a) Prove that independent variables are uncorrelated. Establish that converse is false.
- b) the proportion of defective telephone instruments from All India basis was observed to be at 0.01. A new manufacturer of telephone instruments wants to estimate the proportion of defectives in his production lot. How many telephones should be sampled in order to estimate the fraction defective within 0.01 with 90% confidence?
- c) Use Simpson’s one third rule to estimate approximately the area of cross section of river 80 feet wide, the depth d at a distance x from 1 bank being given by given table-
- Solve the equation: dy/ dx= 1- y, y=0 when x=0
Use Euler algorithm and tabulate the solution at x= 0.1, 0.2, 0.3
Download full set of questions papers from below and practice them to achieve full practice.
UPSC ISS STATISTICAL PAPER 1 PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS PDF