AFCAT Exam Pattern and Syllabus is the most important thing to be known so as to prepare for the exam. Air force Common Admission Test or commonly known as AFCAT exam is the very important and career oriented exam for which there are many applicants every year. AFCAT detailed syllabus for exam is given below according to which the candidates can prepare for exam.
The AFCAT paper pattern will tell you what scheme will be used to prepare the exam paper. AFCAT paper contains different sections for which the marks distribution is given below.
AFCAT Selection Process 2018
- Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Screening, Psychological, Computerized pilot selection system
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2018
Each question in exam will be of 3 marks.
||Reasoning & Military Aptitude Test
|Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT)
||Mechanical, CSE, Electrical, ECE
NOTE: There is negative marking in the exam.
NOTE: For candidates opting Ground Duty (Technical) they need to pass both AFCAT & EKT.
AFCAT Exam Syllabus 2018
The section wise exam syllabus is being described below-
- General Awareness- History of World & India, Geography of India, Sports news (current & historical), Political aspects, economic issues, social world, Art & culture, current affairs of local & international level
- Verbal Ability-Comprehension Passages and questions based on the passage, error detection & correction, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, vocabulary based questions, simple English based questions
- Numerical Ability- Questions based on mathematical aspects such as Decimal Fractions, Simplification, Averages, Profit & loss, Percentages, Ratio & proportion, Simple Interest, probability, permutation & combinations, statistics, discounts
- Reasoning & Military General Aptitude- Questions based on Verbal Skills & Spatial Ability so as to check the skills of candidate. Verbal & Non- Verbal reasoning questions are being asked such as missing patterns, odd man series, logical sequencing, pattern matching, figure classification, venn diagrams
AFCAT Physical Fitness Test 2018
- 1 mile/ 1.6 Km in 10 minutes
- 10 Push ups
- 3 Chin ups
AFCAT Screening Test & CPSS 2018
||Officer Intelligence rating test with picture perception test
The candidates who qualify this test will be allowed for next round
||Followed by psychological test and document verification, group discussion & interview will start
|For Flying Branch
||CPSS will be done; candidates who have failed in last attempt or are suspended from flying training will not be allowed
Full EKT Syllabus 2018 DOWNLOAD