C is the general purpose, imperative computer and structured programming language which are used in many applications. C has been coded in assembly languages such as operating system as well as application software. Dennis Ritchie had developed C programming language in 1972 to implement UNIX operating system. You have to study C completely and then you can learn all the programming languages. C is the basic and fundamental language for all programming languages which available in the market.
C Books for Beginners
- Programming in C 2nd Edition (Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie)
- C: A Reference Manual (5th edition) – Samuel P. Harbison and Guy R. Steele.
- C Pocket Reference (O’Relly)- Peter Pinz and Illa Kirch Prinz
- The comp.lang.FAQ (Steve Summit)
- The new standard- an annotated reference – Derek M. Jones.
- Programming in C (4th Edition)- Stephen Kochan
- C Primer Plus 5th Edition (Stephen Prata)
- C Programming: A modern approach (2nd edition) – K.N. King (2008)
- Practical C Programming (3rd edition) – Steve Oualline
- How to Program (6th edition) – Paul Deitel and Harvey M. Dietel.
- Head First C – David Griffiths and Dawn Griffiths.
- Beginning C (5th edition)- Ivor Horton.
- Sams Teach Yourself C in 21 days – Bradley L. Jones and Peter Aitken (2002).
- Applications Programming in ANSI C – Richard Johnsonbaugh and Martin Kalin (1996).
- Object – Oriented programming with ANSI – C (Free
PDF) – Axel – Tobias Schreiner.
Top and Best Books for C
C is the mother of every language. If you need to be good coder or good developer, then you should go and read with basics of C programming. Books will be helpful to the beginners and high level programmers. At moment, we are explaining top and best books for C programming language in the given points. These are the one of the most preferred reference books by the beginners as well as developers.
- Pointers in C – Yashwant Kanetkar.
- The C Programming language – Brain Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie.
- The Complete Reference C Fourth Edition – Herbert Schildt.
- Programming in ANSI (Multi color edition)- E. Balagurusamy.
- Let Us C 13th edition by Yashvant Kanetkar.