GMAT commonly known as Graduate management Admission test in not a computer based but a computer adaptive test which is conducted to assess the candidate’s writing, analytical, verbal, quantitative or reading skills in the written English. This test is taken to give admission in various courses like MBA or masters in finance. As Graduate management Admission test is a computer adaptive test so candidates get the questions in the exam on the basis of their accuracy in attempting the previous question. The difficulty is ascertained according to the accuracy of the candidate.
Every year a lot of candidates appear for this examination. But to clear the GMAT exam, it’s best for the candidates to study each subject from the books recommended by the experts so that not a single topic is left for the exam. GMAT consists of four sections and these are vast so the books chosen for the studies must be such which really help you in the examination. Selection of the best books is very necessary. The books must be selected on the basis of the content or the concept in it. The most popular books which must be studied for the Graduate management Admission test are as follows:-
- Manhattan GMAT Number properties
- The official guide for GMAT review 12th edition
- 8 Manhattan GMAT guides
- GMAT ultimate grammar
- The powerscore GMAT critical reasoning Bible
- The official guide for GMAT verbal review 2nd edition
- Great applications for business school
- The Powerscore GMAT sentence correction bible
- Kaplan GMAT Math workbook
- Manhattan GMAT sentence correction
- Kaplan GMAT verbal workbook
- Manhattan GMAT word translations
- Manhattan GMAT test simulation booklet/booklet
- The official guide for GMAT review 13the edition
- Kaplan GMAT advanced ( Kaplan 800)
The candidates must read these books thoroughly so that not even a single important topic is left for the examination. As in this exam all the skills of the candidates are assessed so it is very important to study for the exam with proper concentration. They should not just rely on the books for the preparation as some extra knowledge must also be gained by the aspirants if they want to score higher than average marks. The other ways by which you can prepare for the Graduate management Admission test are:-
- Practice the model test papers as it will help in practicing the questions again.
- The type of questions which come to know to the candidates and they can practice for them from the previous year question papers.
- Magazines can also be used to gain some extra knowledge about the difficult and important concepts which come in the Graduate management Admission test.