IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. IELTS is the standard test which is given by non native English speakers. In this test, authorities check many skills of test seekers such as listening, speaking, reading and writing. Score card validity of IELTS test is only for two years still candidates are too interested to clear this test. There is no specific score which is required to clear the test. IELTS authorities provide band 1 (non user of English) to band 9 (expert user of English) ranges to all test seekers. These days, English is the common language for communication and it is good if you are interested to learn it.
IELTS conduct this test in two types which are: one is for academic purpose and other is for general purpose. An interested candidate must have to know about test pattern and syllabus and also know about all basic and advanced books for preparation of IELTS test. Total test time for IELTS is about 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Format of IELTS test:
- Listening – 30 minutes
- Reading – 60 minutes
- Writing – 60 minutes
- Speaking – 11 to 14 minutes
It is good if you do practice and preparation hard and get the highest rated band which is band 9. For preparing best for IELTS test, follow below given process:
- Understand the test format and review it atleast for one time
- Practice with sample questions which are available on official webpage of IELTS
- Get other study material of IELTS from its official webpage
- If you did not find your preparation effective, then join IELTS preparation classes
Different website on the internet provides different type of study material for clearing IELTS test with highest bad. So, take a look on all study materials which are:
- Free IELTS materials and resources
- Free IELTS download – download material from the IELTS buddy website
- Free download top 8 best preparation books with pdf and audio
- Download IELTS material
Candidate must also get information about preparation books for this test. There are number of books available for IELTS preparation but candidate prefer the book which is top rated.
IELTS Preparation Books
- Official IELTS practice material (1 and 2) published by British Council Cambridge ESOL IDP: IELTS Australia
- The official Cambridge guide to IELTS published by Cambridge university press
- Sample test questions on the IELTS website by IELTS
- Kaplan IELTS premier with 8 practice tests, 3rd edition published by Kaplan
- Understanding and using English grammar: 4th edition published by Pearson Longman
- English collocations in use
- English vocabulary in use series
- “Improve your IELTS skills” series
Except reading books, there are many journals, articles and blogs; candidate should also read those so that his reading may improve.