Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) State Service Preliminary Examination is being conducted for the selection of best candidates into various fields. MPPSC Exam has to be prepared in well- formed way so that the scores in exam are better. For this it is important to have the full knowledge on the State Service Preliminary exam Pattern & syllabus. Below are the details of the exam and accordingly a schedule to prepare for exam can be made.
MPPSC State Services Prelims Exam Pattern: The written test is conducted in which the questions are of MCQs type or objective type. There are 2 papers and each is of 200 marks (100 questions of 2 marks each).
Total time awarded for each is 2 hours
Cut Off Marks: 40% in both papers to get qualify for main exam and for SC/ST/OBC/PWD it is 30%
MP Vyapam Syllabus For State Services Pre Exam: The paper wise syllabus for the exam are-
Paper I- General Studies: Here, the questions are asked to test the general knowledge of the candidate in different areas. The current Events of National & International Importance are asked so as to know the candidate is aware of the surroundings or not.
- Sports- Important games, tournaments, awards, personalities and renowned Sports Institutions
- History- The issues from Modern period history and ancient issues which are of great importance
- Indian Polity- Political system, constitution, Panchayati Raj, Social system, sustainable economic development, elections, political parties, plans, Industrial development, foreign trade and economic and financial institutions
- Geography- The questions are covered from Physical, social & economic geography, Indian Agriculture, Natural resources, General Geographical awareness of world
- General Science & Environment- In this section, questions are asked from Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate Change. This way the skills in environment sector are tested of the candidate.
- Geography, History and Culture of M.P.- The questions are based on mountains, rivers, climate, flora & fauna, Minerals, transportation, important dynasties of M.P. including tribals, Arts, Architecture, Fine Arts and Historical personalities of M.P.
- Polity and Economy of M.P.- Political system, Political parties and elections, Panchayati Raj, Social system and sustainable economic development of M.P.
- Information and Communication Technology- General questions based on IT sector.
Paper II- General Aptitude Test: Here, the questions are asked from the topics in which the mental caliber is being judged of the candidate. The level of the questions will be of class X and so there is no scope of much difficult questions in exam.
- Decision making & Problem Solving
- Analytical Ability
- Numerical Questions of class 10th level
- Interpersonal Skills
- General mental ability
- Logical reasoning
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skills
MPPSC SSE Mains Syllabus DOWNLOAD