Electricity Distribution Companies, Odisha notice for 141 posts of Graduate Engineer Trainee (GET), Management Trainee (MT Finance) and junior Accountant in NESCO, WESCO & SOUTHCO is out. The Electricity Distribution Companies Odisha DISCOM syllabus & exam pattern details are mentioned below which can be studied well for the exam.
Exam Pattern: A written test will be conducted of 2 hours duration and will be set in English. The subjects included for the exam are-
- English- 10 Questions of 10 marks
- General Intelligence- 10 Questions of 10 marks
- General Knowledge- 10 Questions of 10 Marks
- Numerical Aptitude- 10 Questions of 80 Marks
- Concerned Discipline- 80 Questions of 80 Marks
Syllabus: The syllabus for the concerned subjects include-
Reasoning: This section includes both Verbal & Non- Verbal Reasoning topics which includes-Semantic Analogy, Number Analogy, Classification (Figural, Pattern), Problems on Series, Word Building, Venn Diagrams, Pattern-folding and unfolding, Figural Patterns, Coding and De-coding, Space Orientation, Figural Analogy, Symbolic Classification
General Awareness: The questions will be asked from current affairs of national & international importance, important dates, social, economic, political issues of India. Keep yourself up to date with the happenings around and the scientific inventions taking place.
English Language: Vocabulary, Spellings, One word substitution, Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of sentence parts, Idioms and Phrases, Comprehension Passage, Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Active/Passive Voice will be type of questions asked in exam paper.
Quantitative Aptitude: Number system, Perimeter of different geometrical figures, area and volume of geometrical figures, Pythagoras theorem, Trigonometry, Probability, Time Speed & Distance, Simple & Compound interest
For Graduate Engineer Trainee- GET (Electrical), the syllabus topics will include-
- Electrical Machines: Single Phase Transformer, three phase transformer connections, parallel operation, auto transformer, principle of energy conversion, rotating machines, DC generators and motors, three phase induction motors, single phase induction motors, synchronous generators, performance, synchronous motors, starting characteristics & applications, synchronous condensers, fractional horse power motors, permanent magnet and stepper motors, Characteristics of Power electronic devices
- Analog And Digital Electronics: Study the topics under this unit which are the basics.
- Electrical circuits & Networks: Study the unit with the topics included as- network, Theorems, 2 port networks Sinusoidal steady state analysis of single phase and three phase circuits, Kirchhoff’s Laws, Mesh & node analysis, resonance, transient response of RL, RC, RLC circuits for different inputs
- Power Systems: Study well the topics related to power systems and prepare the questions based on it.
- Control Systems: This unit will include the questions based on Block diagrams, signal flow graphs, Routh’s criterion, Modeling of physical systems, root loci, control system components, Steady state errors, Nyquist and Bode plots, compensation
- Measurements And Instrumentation: SI units, current, voltage, power, energy, resistance, inductance capacitance, transducers, temperature, pressure, strain, displacement
For Junior Accountant, the syllabus will cover the questions from the related course such as Business Mathematics and Statistics, Accountancy, Business Laws, Cost and Management Accountancy, Principles and Practice of Management, Taxation (Direct and Indirect), Auditing, Business Economics and Indian Economics