Orissa Staff Commission has organized a written examination for the post of Assistant Labour Officer. Those candidate who have filled up the recruitment form can correct can check OSSC ALO Syllabus & Exam Pattern. This will give the better idea to the candidates for the preparation of the examinations. Nowadays, we all face lots of competition while giving any government examination and in order to clear the exam we need to focus on the time, practice more & more so that it would take less time to solve question in the examination.
Orissa Staff Selection Commission Assistant Labour Officer Exam Pattern:
- There will be multiple choice objective type questions.
- Written exam consists of 200 marks in total.
- There will be two paper each containing 100 marks.
- Every candidate will be given 90 Minutes (01:30 hours).
- After clearing the written examination, interview will be conducted of 20 marks.
OSSC ALO Syllabus
Syllabus for Paper I (Language & General Studies)
There will be 3 sections named General Studies (50 Questions) & Odia Language (25 Questions), English Language (25 Questions) in total 100 marks. Well the questions on Odia & English is to test the capability and hold on the language, candidate must have good knowledge of grammar in both the languages. General studies is the highest marks containing section in which questions will be asked from General Awareness, few questions will be asked form General Science, Geography & History of India, Indian polity & Constitution. Socio- economic Scenario of India/Odisha, Current ongoing events, Arithmetic of HSC standard basically the quantitative questions, Logic and Reasoning.
Syllabus of Paper II (Labour Laws and Industrial Relations)
This section will be of 100 marks in which questions will be asked from Labour Laws, Labour Welfare, Employees State Insurance, Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Personnel Management, Human Resource Management.
Also Study the Acts given below to have the clear knowledge about the each & every question asked on the labour law.
Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
Beedi & Cigar Workers (Conditions of Employment) Act, 1966
Payment of Wages Act, 1636
- Working & Other Newspaper Employees (Conditions of Service and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1955
- Industrial Dispute Act, 1947
- Building & Other Construction Workers(RE&CS) ACT, 1996
- Inter State Migrant Workmen (RE & CS) Act, 1979
- Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
- Contract Labour(Regulation & abolition) ACT, 1970
- Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Shops & Commercial Establishment Act, 1956
- Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare & Cess Act
- Unorganized workers Social Security Act-2008
- Wages Act, 1948
- Child Labour Act(P&R), 1986
- Orissa Industrial Establishment (National & Festival) Holiday Act, 1969
- Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961