Odisha Staff Selection has notified about the written examination for Odisha Information Service Junior Branch. Most of the aspirants are in search of Odisha Information Service Junior Branch Exam Syllabus and Pattern, so that they can prepare accordingly. There is no need to worry about you are on right page below we have presented the OIS Junior Branch exam pattern and syllabus.
OSSC OIS Jr Branch Exam Pattern
- There will be written examination which is followed by viva voce test.
- Every candidate will be given only 2.30 hours for completing exam.
- Question paper will be bilingual English and odia.
OSSC OIS Jr Branch Exam Syllabus
Paper I: Odia
Question will be based on the graduation standard and in paper you can face question for drafting news in odia. Understanding of the language basically read and writes and formulate it.
Paper II: English
Question will be based graduation level
- Essay writing- 30 marks
- Retranslation from English to Odia- 15 marks
- Summary or Précis writing/comprehension- 15 marks
- Letter writing- 15 marks
- Grammar- 10 marks
- Translation from Odia to English- 15 marks
General Knowledge: Candidate will face question on the Odisha history, geography, culture, language, important dates and few question will be based on Indian History, Freedom, main events and you should remain updated on the current events, human rights, basic computer skills.
Viva Voce: 40 marks
Question will be entirely based on the performance in the written test. After clearing the written test then only candidate can appear the viva-voce test.