Pipes & Cistern Aptitude Questions
Pipes and Cisterns is an important topic for banking and some other type of competitive exams. Pipes & Cistern Questions and Answers which can help you to prepare for exam are given below. There are several questions which are based on simple basics of pipes.
Some shortcuts and concepts for Pipes & Cistern which you need to know before practicing the questions-
- Inlet – A pipe connected with a tank or a cistern or a reservoir, that fills it, is known as an inlet.
- Outlet – A pipe connected with a tank or a cistern or a reservoir, which emptying it, is known as an outlet.
- If a pipe can fill a tank in x hours, then- Part filled in 1 hour = 1/x
- If a pipe can empty a full tank in y hours, then- Part emptied in 1 hour = 1/y
- If a pipe can fill a tank in x hours and another pipe can empty the full tank in y hours where y value is greater than x value, then on opening both the pipes, the net part filled in 1 hour = (1/x – 1/y)
- If a pipe can fill a tank in x hours and another pipe can empty the full tank in y hours where x value is greater than y value, then on opening both the pipes, the net part emptied in 1 hour = (1/y – 1/x)
Steps for solving these kind of questions are given below. These steps can help in your solving various kind of question-
- Take the LCM of a given number and that LCM will be the total capacity of cistern or tank.
- Place the plus or minus sign for common understanding through picture. Plus sign indicates time taken to fill the cistern and minus sign indicates the time taken to empty the cistern in a particular time
- Add or subtract as per the question
- The LCM of step 1 is total work. Divide the total capacity of cistern with the final outcome
You should be prepared well for all kinds of questions in exam and for all aptitude preparation you can get the material from this website. For any kind of problem, you can let us know in comment section below.
|Paper 1||Paper 2||Shortcuts & Definitions|