RPSC conducts various examinations which are meant for various purposes. RPSC Technical Assistant in Ground water Department will be conducted in which the applicants need to prepare well for the exam. RPSC Syllabus & Exam Pattern for Technical Assistant will contain the questions from the following topics.
Exam Pattern: The written test will be conducted in which Multiple Choice questions will be asked. The question paper will be of total 100 marks i.e. 1 mark for each question.
Total time given: 2 Hours
NOTE: There will be negative marking in the exam.
Exam Syllabus: There are several topics which are to be studied for the exam. These will include-
The topics related to Chemistry will be all basics from all fields including organic & inorganic Chemistry.
Inorganic Chemistry will include-
- Addition, substitution, elimination Reactions
- IUPAC Nomenclature, E-Z notation, D-L notation, R-S notation, Enantiotropic and diasterotopic atoms, retention and Walden Inversion, Stereospecific, alkanes, cycloalkanes
- Spectroscopy- Principles of Electronic, IR, NMR and Mass spectroscopy, structural elucidation of organic compounds, Raman, Mossbauer, photoacoustic and photoelectron spectroscopy
- Aromaticity, Electronic displacements
Organic Chemistry will include-
- Chemical bonding (Valence Bond Theory and its limitations, various types of hybridization and shapes of simple inorganic molecules and ions, Molecular Orbital Theory of Homonuclear and Heteronuclear diatomic molecules, multi-centered bonding in electron deficient compounds, Hydrogen bonding and vander Waals forces)
- Transition elements & non- transition elements details, noble gases
- Chemical Rules for Atoms: Schrodinger wave equation, Quantum numbers, Aufbau Principle, Pauli’s exclusion Principle, Hund’s Multiplicity rule, (n+l) rule, electronic configuration of elements, atomic and ionic radii, ionization energy, electron affinity and electronegativity
- Manufacturing methods of Superconductors, cement, Glass, Ceramics, marine chemicals
- Chemical Kinetics: Arrhenius equation, Collision theory of reaction rates, Salt effect, Kinetics of photo chemical and uni-molecular reaction, Steric factor, theory of absolute reaction rates, Rates of chemical reactions, methods of determining rate laws
- Water analysis and Treatment of Waste- Water quality standards and their analysishardness, alkalinity, turbidity, TDS, D.O., B.O.D., C.O.D., Nitrates, Flourides and sulphates. Water pollutants classification, their effect and control of pollutant sources. Treatment of Industrial waste water desalination, water management in arid and non-arid region.
- Principle and process of solvent extraction, the distribution law and the partition coefficient, batch extraction, continuous extraction and counter current extraction, applications of solvent extraction.
- Principle, instrumentation and applications of:- (i) Gas Chromatography (ii) Ion exchange chromatography (iii) Thin layer chromatography (iv) Paper chromatography (v) HPLC3
- Nuclear and Radiochemistry, Stability of nucleus, fragmentation, Chemical effect of nuclear transformations, Nuclear reactions, Energetics of nuclear reaction, fission and fusion, applications of radioisotopes, radiation hazards and protection
- Electrochemistry and Ionic equilibria:- Theory of strong electrolytes, Debye-Huckel theory of activity co-efficient, equilibria in electrochemical cells, cell reactions, Nernst equation, applications of cells, e.m.f. measurements, concentration cells. Fuel cells, electrolysis
Some general topics are also part of exam from field of Chemistry. Study the topics which are important in respect to exam and prepare the basics.
Mathematical Terms- Mean, Median, precision, statistical evaluation of data, indeterminate errors standard deviation, Accuracy, absolute error, relative error, types of errors
COMPUTERS- Introduction to Computers and Computing, basic structure & functioning of computers, memory, I/O devices, secondary storage, Computer language, introduction to unix and windows, Data Processing, principles of programming, Algorithms and flow-charts
The exam is an important paper for which the preparations are to be done accordingly. So, study well for the RPSC technical Assistant in Ground Water Dept. and score good in the paper.