Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) written exam for Sub-Inspector of Police (Taluk) (Open & Departmental Quota). For this, TNUSRB exam pattern & syllabus is provided below as per which the exam preparations can be done. Syllabus for TNUSRB SI exam will help you to decide how the studies have to be carried out. Sub inspector exam syllabus is being provided for the exam.
Exam Pattern: Written exam is being conducted which contains the objective type questions.
For Open Quota:
- Written exam- 70 marks
- General Knowledge- 40 marks
- Logical Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Psychology test, Communicational Skills, Information handling Ability- 30 marks
- Physical Efficiency test- 15 marks
- Special Marks- 5 marks (NCC- 2 marks, NSS- 1 mark, Sports- 2 marks)
- Then after will be Viva round of 10 marks
Total Time Given: 2.30 Hours
Cut Off: 25 Marks
For Departmental Quota
- Written exam- 85 marks
- Communication skills, Numerical skills, Logical Analysis, Information handling ability, Indian Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Evidence Act, Police Standing Orders and Police Administration- 70 marks
- Special marks- 5 marks for National policy Duty Meet (Gold- 5 marks, Silver 3 marks, Bronze- 2 marks)
TNUSRB SI Syllabus Open & Department Quota: For Part- I of exam,
General Knowledge: This section of exam will contain the questions from current affairs which are ongoing in India & World, some are based on the everyday observations and experiences of different fields, Balanced diet, Humans, Environment and Ecology Inventions and Discoveries, Scientists and their contributions, Diseases & cause, cure and prevention. After these general topics the questions will be asked from history of India including important dates & events, Geography based which includes natural calamities, crops, National Parks, weather, monsoon, Forests, regions.
Also, the questions will be asked on political science based questions (Indian Constitution, Citizenship, State legislature, Judiciary system, Centre-State Relations, Language Policy), economics and commerce
Psychology: Logical analysis to find out various dimensions of the information, communication Skills i.e. effective usage of languages, information handling ability, mental ability questions, numerical analysis
Departmental Quota will include the questions from police subjects:
- Police Standing Order (PSO)
- Police Administration
- , IPC., EVIDENCE ACT