UKPSC or Uttarakhand Public Service Commission conducts the written examination for the various posts of Grade A & B provinsional Civil Service (PCS). The exam is being conducted in 2 modes- preliminary and Main stage. The syllabus and pattern for the Preliminary Stage is-
UKPSC PCS Prelims Exam Syllabus 2019
Paper 1- In general Studies paper, the topics involved are-
- Indian History, Culture and National movement- Mauryan Empire, Advent of Islam, Mugha; Empire, First World War & indian National movement, Indian National congress, Govt of India act 1935, 1st World war, Advent of Europeans
- History and Culture of Uttarakhand- Pre historic period, Proto Historic period, kuninda and Yaugheya, Kartikepur dynasty, Parmar dynasty of Garhwal, Chand dynasty of kumaon, Gorkha Invasion and their rule in Uttarakhand, tehri estate, British rule, Freedom movement in Uttarakhand, People’s movement of Uttarakhand
- World Geography- Important branches, Earth & solar System, latitudes, Lithosphere, Rotation, Revolution, Continents, Currents, Tides, Temperatures, Agriculture, insects, Livestock Breeding, power and minerals, resources, population, tribes, migration, transport, communication, Geographical Glossary
- Indian Geography- geographic introduction, relief and structure, Soils, water resources, population and urbanization, transport, communication system, Foreign trade
- Uttarakhand Geography- Location, Climate, vegetation, wildlife, agriculture, irrigation, tourist places, populations, SC/ ST
- Indian & World Polity- Constitution, Political system, issues concerning rights, public policy
- Economic & Social Development- Indian Economic Policy, international Economic Policy, Economic Policy of Uttarakhand
- General Science and technology- Science and Technology, Current affairs, Physical science, life science
- Current Affairs
Paper 2- In General Aptitude paper, following are important topics which will be asked in the exam hall.
- Reasoning & Mental Ability- Statistics Analysis, Numerical Identifications, General Mental Ability, Apttitude
- General English & Hindi Language Proficiency- Synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary, Transformation of sentences, Phrases/ Phrasal Verbs
READ FULL SYLLABUS HERE
UKPSC PCS Prelims Exam Pattern
- Paper 1 is General Studies exam with 150 questions 1 mark each. The total time allotted is 2 hours.
- Paper 2 is General Aptitude exam with 100 questions 1.5 mark each. The total time allotted is 2 hours.
- NOTE- There is negative marking in the examination. (0.25 marks deducted on each wrong answer)