West Bengal Public Service Commission WBPSC has given the official notification for the recruitment of Assistant Engineer (Agri-Irrigation) in the West Bengal Service of Agricultural Engineers under Water Resources Investigation & Development Department. For this recruitment there will be a recruitment examination which is conducted by WBPSC. Well most of the candidates who will fill up the form is willing to check the syllabus & exam pattern for their preparation. We are providing you WBPSC Assistant Engineer Agri Irrigation Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
Now day’s examination is tougher than before & for that every candidate must need the right resource & information for passing in it. You just need to make a schedule & follow it correctly & you will boost up with confidence, things will go in your way.
WBPSC Assistant Engineer (Agri-Irrigation) Exam Pattern
- Questions will be objective type/ multiple choices.
- 2 hours will be given to every candidate for attempting this exam.
- There will be 100 questions in the paper & 200 marks will be allocated.
WBPSC Assistant Engineer Agri-Irrigation Exam Syllabus:
Well we are providing you the topics with their subtopics through which you can study it accordingly.
Irrigation & Drainage
- Irrigation water requirements & uses.
- Design of sprinkler and drip irrigation systems.
- Design of surface and sub-surface drainage systems.
- Triquetral irrigation methods -border, basin, furrow
- Design of field channels.
- Irrigation and drainage for sustained farm production.
- Soil-water-plant relationship.
- Evapotranspiration methods.
- Irrigation scheduling with time.
- Drainage materials.
- Definition and properties of fluids.
- Types of fluid flow-streamlines path lines.
- Units of measurement.
- Fluid statics.
- Streak lines, stream functions and flow net.
- Linear and angular momentum.
- Continuity equation, Bernoulli’s equation and Euler’s equation of motion.
- Dimensional analysis and similitude.
- Laminar and turbulent flow. General equation for head loss in pipes.
- Energy losses through pipe fittings.
- Measurement of discharge through pipes and open channel.
Ground Water Hydrology
- Geologic formations.
- Types of aquifers and wells.
- Steady and unsteady flow through confined and unconfined aquifers.
- Determination of aquifer properties.
- Thesis method, Jacob s method.
- Well in interference
- Ground water measurement, Hydraulics of wells.
- Aquifer properties.
Tube Wells & Well Technology
In this section you generally need to study about tube well & how they are set-up & what all are the requirement/ specification needed to borrow a tube well. You also need to study about the certain pipes & filter which is installed in making of tube well procedure.
- Type of various tube wells & uses.
- Pump characteristic and selection of pump.
- Selection and placement of strainers.
- Construction materials for wells and strainers.
- Design and construction of wells.
- Tube well development by compressor and ever pumping method.
- Design of suitable pump of various types for development in the tube well for lifting clear water.
- Pipe joining methods.
Surveying & Leveling
- Principles and methods surveying compass surveying, pane table surveying.
- Theodolite surveying, traversing and adjustment of errors.
- Care in handling and adjustment of instruments.
- Leveling, contouring, calculation of Areas and volume.
Soil & Water Conservation Engineering
In this section you generally need to study about the soil that what capacity of water the soil can hold & till what extend it will be fertile. Generally you have to just take the basic knowledge about the various types of soils & their properties.
- Permanent gully control structure-drop, drop inlet and chute spillways.
- Watershed management.
- Estimation of soil loss.
- Wind erosion control Biological control of erosion.
- Mechanics of erosion.
- Graded and contour bunds, terraces.
- Stream bank erosion Design of grassed water way.
Crop Production Technology
Knowledge of crops is the must for the agriculture field and so the candidate will be tested upon following –
- Crop growth rate, seed production, processing and testing
- Soil forming rocks and minerals-origin, classification and composition
- Weathering of rocks and minerals, Soil forming process
- Storage and protection of crops
- Concept of yields and yields components
- Soil water composition, classification, soil moisture constant and functions
- Climatic zones of West Bengal and its characteristics
- Factors of soil formation Soil Profile, soil as a medium of plant growth
- Soil texture and structure, physical and chemical properties
- Characteristics of crop seasons
- Agronomic classification of crops and its distribution
- Tillage seed and sowing, harvesting, processing, intercultural operation
This section contains all the generalized questions which are being prepared based on soil mechanics.
- Index properties of soil-void- Ratio, Porosity, Densities, consistency limits and permeability, water content, particle size distribution
- Shallow foundation
- Compaction and consolidation Earth pressure and retaining wall
- Stress under surface loading
- Shear strength of soil
- Seepage through earth dam-basic parabola Stability of slopes
Farm Engines and Tractors
The basic questions from the area will be asked so as to judge the knowledge of the candidate. The areas of study includes the topics-
- Power availability on the farms from animate and inanimate sources of energy including their capacities and efficiencies
- Tractor engine components and their constructions
- Power tillers and small engines for farm operations (performance and cost analysis of farm tractors and power tiles)
- Engine governing
- Transmission system of wheel and track type tractors (clutch, brake gearbox differential, PTO, belt pulley, drawbar and final drive mechanism)
- Valve and valve timing mechanism; Working principles of engine systems (fuel and air supply, cooling, lubrication, ignition starting and electrical systems)
Building Materials an Structures
This topics involves the questions which are based on the knowledge and estimation of buildings.
- Kinds of building materials and their properties
- Roof substance roof trusses
- Estimation of building, roads and sheds
- Design of R.C.C. beams
- Column footings
- PERT and CPM
- Timber, brickwork and R.C. construction
- Design of storage structures
The hydro related things are being asked so as to check the knowledge of the candidate in the field.
- Evapotranspiration (estimation, stream number, measuring, stream length)
- Runoff (Factors having impact, measurement, estimation)
- Hydrologic cycle precipitations (forms, rainfall measurement, mass curve, frequency analysis of point rainfall, plotting position, infiltration)
- Hydrograph (Components, synthetic unit hydrograph. flood routing, base flow separation Unit hydrograph)