Gauhati High Court will conduct Preliminary Written Exam and Main Exam for recruitment to the posts in Grade-III of Assam Judicial Service. Gauhati High Court Grade III exam scheme and syllabus details are mentioned below as per which the candidate can prepare for exam in best way. The preliminary exam is followed by main exam + interview and it is necessary to clear all stages to get selected. So, prepare in best way and make a best schedule.
Exam Pattern: For Preliminary Exam which is basically a screening test-
A written test will be conducted which will be fully objective type. The test will be of 2 hours duration.
Exam Total Marks: 100 Marks (1 mark for each question)
For Main Exam,
A written test (objective type) paper will contain 5 papers in total.
Followed by written test will be an interview of 50 marks.
Exam Syllabus: For Preliminary Exam-
Part-I will be of 90 marks and paper will contain the questions from-
- General Knowledge: The questions will be based on current affairs of India & world, different field based questions- History, Geography, Political Science (Constitution of India), Economic, Social issues
- Aptitude: Numerical based questions on number systems, ratios & proportions, Alligations, boats & streams, problems on trains, time & work, time & distance, statistics, probability, permutation & combination, bars & graphs, HCF & LCM etc.
- English: Grammar based questions- verbs, proverbs, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, idioms, speech, narration
- Various Laws- Code of Civil Procedure, Code of Criminal Procedure, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Penal Code, Indian Evidence Act, Law of Torts
Part-II will be of 10 marks and the paper will contain the questions based on state of Assam to test the proficiency of the candidate.
For Main Exam,
- English (100 Marks)-Questions on Essay Writing, Précis Writing, Grammar topics
- General Knowledge (100 Marks)- Here, the questions based on current affairs along with numerical topics.
- Law- There will be 2 papers of Law each of 100 marks. Paper-I will contain the questions-
Constitution of India, Code of Civil Procedure, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Contract Act
- Paper-II will contain the topics-Indian Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Evidence Act, Law of Torts
- Assam related questions in 50 marks paper.