MPSC Motor Vehicle Inspector Syllabus
MPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector syllabus and full selection procedure is described below as per which you can prepare for your exams and score much above the cut off level. MPSC exams are competitive and so make sure you study well in them. The date for preliminary exam is already released-
Preliminary Exam Date: 30th April, 2017
MPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Selection procedure:
- Written Exam- Mains Exam & preliminary Exam
MPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Total Time||1 Hour|
|Subjects Included||General Science, Reasoning, Trade Related (Mechanical & Automobile Engineering)|
MPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Preliminary Syllabus-
General Science: The questions will be asked from current affairs, important dates & events, political news, historical background, geographical aspects, culture, sports, railways. Arts related questions. Latest trends in Science and new inventions will be asked in exam.
Reasoning: Both from verbal & non- verbal reasoning the questions will be asked- Odd man series, analogies, similarities & differences, number series, coding & decoding, letter series, table problems, statements & conclusions etc.
Mechanical & Automobile Engineering: Most latest trends in the development related to respective engineering trade will be asked in exam.
MPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Mains Exam Pattern
|Total Time||90 minutes|
|Subjects Included||Trade Related|
MPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Mains Syllabus:
Section A (Mechanical 7 Automobile Engineering)- 120*2 marks
- Strength of Materials: Direct & bending stress, thin cylinders, moment of inertia, stress & strain. Energy, torsion, slope, deflection, shearing force, bending moment, stress, strain
- Mechanical Technology: Engineering materials, non- chip forming process, turning, drilling, finishing, gear production, boring, broaching
- Theory of Machines: Kinematics, dynamics, friction, power devices, power transmission equipments, application of cams
- Hydraulics: Fluids & its properties, surface tension, fluid flow, pascal’s law, turbulent flow, bernaulli’s expansion
- Thermal Engineering: Focusses on sources of energy, conventional & non- conventional, vapour power, gas power
- Automobile Engines: Theory, working, performance & testing of IC engines, pollution control, fuels & lubricants, combustion, Industrial Electronics (Diodes, UJT, BJT, amplifiers, microprocessors)
Section B (Mechanical Engineering)- 30*2 marks
- Industrial Engineering: Types of production, plant layout, process planning, work study. Quality control, metrology
- Refrigeration: Refrigerator, heat pump, vapor compression, psychrometry, air conditioning, refrigerants
- Hydraulic machinery: Pumps, centrifugal, reciprocating, control circuits, impact of jet, turbines
Section C (Autmobile Engineering)- 30*2 marks
- Transport management: Elements of transport, moto vehicle act. Taxation, insurance
- Vehicle Maintenance: performance of vehicles, engine electricals, workshop layout, repairing, servicing, control techniques
- Automobile Systems: Chasis frame, body engineering, steering, suspension, vehicle layout, transmission system, breaking system
A small interview session will be conducted after the exam of qualified candidates where general questions will be asked.
For any kind of query, please write to us in comment section below.