West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) recruitment for Assistant Public Prosecutor will be done through a competitive paper. There is a proper selection procedure for these recruitments. For this post, the written exam along with Viva round will be conducted for the candidates. West Bengal PSC Asst Public Prosecutor Exam Scheme & Syllabus is being defined by the organization and all candidates have to adhere to the same.
It is important to study well for the exam because acquiring a little knowledge will always prove to be fruitful. So, follow the study path well and prepare all the basics for the exam. Follow the books which gives you the best knowledge. The exam paper will contain the questions all from syllabus, apart from studying do practice the questions.
Exam Pattern: Written exam will contain 4 sections each of 100 marks i.e. 400 marks paper will be seen for the applicants.
After the written exam, there will be Viva-Voce of 100 marks.
Exam Syllabus: Each candidate has to study well for the exam. The defined syllabus has to be prepared in the best way possible. WBPSC Asst. Public Prosecutor Syllabus details for all sections is provided below-
- Code of Criminal Procedure, 1974 (50%)
- Indian Penal Code (50%)
- Constitution of India (20%)
- Indian Evidence Act, 1872 (80%)
For Paper –III
- Civil Laws (70%)
- Criminal Rules and Orders (30%)
- Indian Explosives Act, 1884
- Explosive Substances Act, 1908
- West Bengal Panchayat Act, 1973
- Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954
- Bengal Excise Act, 1909
- Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974
- Police Regulations, Calcutta and Police Regulations, Bengal
- West Bengal Municipal Act, 1993
- Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929
- Indian Arms Act, 1878
- Essential Commodities Act, 1955
- Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985
All these topics are to be prepared for the exam.